/>
 

ADELPHI LADS CLUB

Adelphi Lads Club, situated on Cannon Street in Salford was the OG Lads Club in the city, and was founded in 1888. 

The Club was firstly opened on Pine Street by 23-year-old teacher, Walter Southern who wanted to open the venue to keep impoverished boys from neighbouring Adelphi and Greengate off the streets and out of trouble. 

The school offered classes in everything from book and clog repair, to singing and painting and aimed to give young kids a bit of grounding and a decent education, as well as something to do that wasn’t, in Southern’s words “congregating in gangs on street corners”.

173148936_362459695307025_3253842428023480776_n.jpeg